Upcoming and Recent Changes
- A bug in Mac OS X El Capitan prevents NoteBook's Clipping Service feature from working. Please contact Apple for an update on when it will be working again.
NoteBook 4.0.7 (759) 9/19/2015
- Worked around an El Capitan window redraw bug that occurred while dragging outline items.
- Fixed a long-standing bug where searches using the Find strip would sometimes hang.
- Fixed a crasher that occurred when opening a Notebook that referenced a missing font.
NoteBook 4.0.6 (754) 10/8/2014
- Worked around a bug in Mavericks 10.9.5 and Yosemite involving the OS X XML parser, which caused certain large Notebooks to crash on open. To avoid this problem you must use NoteBook 4.0.6 to rebuild the Multidex of any Notebook that is crashing, by holding down the Cmd and Option keys while opening the Notebook.
- Worked around a bug in Yosemite that caused text to disappear while editing.
- Guarded against a crasher.
- Fixed a bug where the numbered priority image style images would not appear on the Notebook page.
- Fixed a bug where the current writing direction was not preserved when creating a new outline item.
- Fixed a bug with slow typing while editing a page with a zoom factor other than 100%.
NoteBook 4.0.5 (749) 9/3/2014
- Clicking a page in the Contents Card, where that page exists in a separate window, now brings that separate window to the foreground.
- Fixed a timing problem between revealing sticky notes when first opening a Notebook and restoring its miniaturization state.
- Fixed a problem with restoring a Notebook window’s size when it was set not to display the paper holes.
- Fixed a problem with the right margin in the engineering paper style when you have paper holes hidden.
- Fixed a problem with the Mail clipping sticker when running OS X in Japanese.
- Fixed a bug where after Save As-ing a read-only Notebook, NoteBook still thought the new Notebook was not writable even though the Save As operation creates a writable Notebook.
- Fixed a bug where sticky notes attached to outline items no longer scrolled with their items when you opened their page in a separate window.
- Fixed a bug with the Outline -> Table submenu in the French, German, and Japanese localizations.
- Fixed a bug where NoteBook did not properly recognize URLs with tildes.
- Fixed a bug where it wasn’t possible to change a Sticker’s “favorite” status using the Stickers toolbar item.
- Fixed a bug where a page break caused outline items to print beginning on the next page but the item attributes (stickers, etc.) appeared on the next page and on the current page (where they would have appeared without the page break).
- NoteBook now ignores zero-size shapes when exporting as a website.
- Pressing Shift-Return on a Divider page now adds the new page above the selected page.
- Fixed a problem with the View -> Stickies and Flags command.
- Fixed a bug with saving Multidex information for strings composed of special Unicode characters.
- Fixed a bug where dragging a Keyword into an outline item while editing that item’s text froze the Notebook window.
- Fixed a crasher that could happen while removing discarded attachments.
- Fixed a bug where shapes could be clipped when exporting a Notebook as a website.
- Fixed a bug where attachment shapes could have an incorrect rotation applied when printing or exporting as a website.
- Fixed a problem where while editing a sticky flag, if you scrolled the page so that its outline item scrolled out of view, the flag would disappear but its text would still remain visible.
- Fixed a bug where the SuperFind panel would not remember new search strings.
- Fixed a bug where if you had the Return key set to end editing and add a new item, if you added several new items and then clicked in the last and used the up arrow to move the insertion point to a previous item, the empty items would disappear from the page.
- Find has been disabled on Multidex pages - you cannot display the Find Bar on Multidex pages, and Find Next and Find Previous will skip over those pages. The Find operation’s brute-force method of searching, and its method of highlighting matches, are not compatible with the way the Multidex pages operate. Please use Super Find to see where a word occurs across an entire Notebook.
- Updated NoteBook’s application signing to work with the new version 2 Gatekeeper.
NoteBook 4.0.4 (747) 7/9/2014
- Fixed a bug that caused a Notebook that was saved with its cover page visible to be uncovered when reopened.
- Fixed a bug that caused typing slowness.
- Fixed a problem with text layout when multiple fonts existed in an outline item.
- Fixed a problem with printing highlighted text.
- Shift Escape now toggles Full Text Mode at all times, not only when you’re not editing an outline item.
NoteBook 4.0.3 (745) 6/24/2014
- Fixed a bug with the Inspector when running on Snow Leopard.
- Fixed a bug with verifying settings in the NoteBookHelper, that caused clipping not to work.
- Fixed a bug where the page curl control would appear even if you had set it not to in NoteBook preferences.
- Fixed a bug where if you made changes in an outline item in a page in a separate window, and did not press Return to commit those changes before closing the window, those changes were lost after the page returned to the Notebook.
- Worked around a text drawing issue in OS X Yosemite.
- Fixed a bug where the SuperFind inspector date field would reset when the inspector lost focus.
- Fixed a problem with slow text typing for some users.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect settings for two of the priority scope popup menu items in the SuperFind inspector.
- Fixed a crasher when working with export paths in the website export inspector pane.
- Fixed a bug where the checkmark image was not drawn in hi-res on Retina Macs.
- Fixed a long-standing bug where the Prioritize sort sorted items by due date descending, which placed items due far in the future ahead of items due soon.
- The To Do Multidex page to no longer groups items by the page that contains them. You can reenable this grouping using the command in the Page Options sticker.
- Added an option in the Outline pane of NoteBook preferences to disable NoteBook 4’s new auto-numbering feature.
- Added checks to make sure outline item control images in the contextual menu you get when you Control-click on a tab are properly sized.
- Fixed a problem with the page turn animation when paper holes are not visible.
- Fixed a bug where the page number would disappear if you had the ruler visible.
- Fixed a problem where text in an outline item wrapped incorrectly when the item contained a left-aligned attachment that was wider than the page.
- Fixed a bug where if you covered and then uncovered a Notebook, any pages in a separate window would no longer appear in the Window menu.
- Added icons to Window menu items so that NoteBook document windows stand out from other items in the menu.
- Fixed a problem where the title of the current page in the Contents Card was not properly truncated when too long to fit in the available space.
- Fixed a bug where dragging a file attachment into a hoisted outline would sometimes result in the attachment being added to the portion of the outline that was not visible.
- Fixed a problem where sketches would lose resolution on saving.
- Fixed a problem where NoteBook was not ignoring old page background tiles assigned to pages by NoteBook 3.
- Fixed a bug where the OS X list feature did not work when typing in an outline item in Paragraph mode.
- Fixed a problem with action item syncing to iCal on Lion.
- Fixed another occurrence of the bug where pages omitted from printing are still listed on the printed Contents page.
NoteBook 4.0.2 (742) 5/21/2014
- Fixed a problem where NoteBook did not correctly recognize URLs with parens.
- Fixed a problem with NoteBook’s indexer and non-Roman text.
- When the Find scope is set to “Notebook”, the Find strip will now only execute the search when you press Return. Previously it would automatically search after a pause in typing. NoteBook still performs auto-searching when the scope is set to “Page”.
- Fixed problems the Find Next and Find Previous buttons in the Find strip when the scope is set to “Notebook” and there is no match on the current page.
- Fixed a bug where Edit -> Find -> Scroll to Selection ended text editing instead of scrolled the insertion point into view.
- Fixed a formatting bug in the Website Format Thumbnail image settings sheet.
- Fixed a crasher related to closing a page in a separate window on Snow Leopard.
- Fixed a problem related to contact information and sync services.
- Fixed a problem with the page turn animation on Retina Macs.
- Fixed a problem where action items were not sorting by priority on the To Dos Multidex page.
- Fixed a website export problem where outline controls would sometimes not function.
- Fixed a crasher related to working with shapes.
- Fixed a bug where it wasn’t possible to create a link from a text selection to an outline item or page.
- Fixed a problem where the Clip and Annotate panel would not accept rich text with attachments.
- Fixed a problem with Super Find date searching.
- Fixed an issue with choosing the Edit -> Insert -> Page Break command while editing an outline item.
NoteBook 4.0.1 (740) 5/12/2014
- Fixed a problem with the German version of the software license agreement panel.
- Fixed problems with the Notebook window toolbar being too tall on non-English versions of NoteBook.
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to invoke the Reveal in Contents Card command while turned to the Cover page.
- Fixed a bug where for some users NoteBook would quit shortly after launching.
- Fixed a bug where hiding the Contents Card when running NoteBook on Snow Leopard would cause the Notebook window to hide.
- Fixed a bug with saving LinkBack data.
- Fixed a problem related to the word count function that could cause a page not to display all of its content.
NoteBook 4 5/6/2014
Click here to read what's new in NoteBook 4.